It’s a beautiful Sunday morning. You are out with your friends to play basketball. Everything was prepared the night before – towels, shoes, jerseys, and a water bottle. As you exit the gate, your mind is all in the game, occupied with the thought of conquering the court and beating your opponents. Perhaps, fantasy robs your focus, making you forget the most important gear every sports enthusiast should have – the mouthguard. So there it is, injury happens, and it greatly affected your mouth and teeth. By this time you should know you need an Emergency Dentistry Care. Talk to us at Embrace Dental Care.
According to an article, the number of people who encounter dental emergencies in America is constantly increasing. Fortunately, emergency dental care is widely made available today. Injuries that are considered a subject for the said service may include painful oral problems, tooth pain due to accidents or stuck food particles in the teeth, fractured tooth, loose, chipped, or cracked teeth, broken dental appliances, and facial pain.
Although emergencies could be inevitable, you can always perform preventive actions to avoid them. Here are simple ways to get rid of dental urgencies:
- One of the best approach to prevent the occurrence of oral complications like toothache is through practicing proper dental hygiene. The simple act of brushing and flossing can go a long way in eliminating dental emergencies in the future.
- Despite the fact that injury is always part of the game, it is still best to protect your oral health everytime you indulge yourself in contact sports. By wearing a teeth protector, you will feel confident to play inside the court knowing that you are literally well-protected.
- The teeth are only used for eating foods. But people are sometimes guilty of using their chompers as a tool in opening plastic packets, cutting things, and even opening a bottle! In return, they end up getting a chipped tooth.
- Comply with your regular dental visit every six months to ensure that your mouth, teeth, and gums are all in a good state.
We at Embrace Dental Care believe that as much as possible, dental emergencies should be avoided. But when you face such, know that you can always rely on us.
For inquiries about Emergency Dental Care in Florence, KY, book an appointment with us at Emergency Dentistry Care. You can also visit us at 8544 US Highway 42, Suite 500, Florence, KY 41042.
The smile is usually the primary thing a person notices during a first meeting. A good first impression can make a person look kind, approachable, reliable, and of course attractive. To attain a beautiful smile, having a set of perfect looking teeth is essential. However, not everyone is born with the ideal teeth. Fortunately, with the advances in dentistry, a practical solution for this concern has emerged in the form of porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers are thin shell-like prostheses made of tooth-colored materials that can be placed on the front surface of a tooth to cover up its irregularities. Teeth problems that can be fixed by porcelain veneers include excessive gaps, permanent discoloration, slight misalignments, uneven sized, cracks, chips, and poorly shaped. It is one of the leading cosmetic dental services due to its outstanding results. Even celebrities avail of this treatment to secure their “Hollywood smile”. Those who are rumored to have undergone the procedure were Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff, Zac Efron, and more.
But “Why is it that many people chose porcelain veneers among other options available?” you might ask. Well, since it was invented in 1928, it has then been continuously improved to deliver not only natural-looking appearance but also better functionality for the treated tooth. To properly answer the question, here are the numerous benefits of porcelain veneers.
- The procedure performed by Embrace Dental Care can effectively transform one’s smile in merely two visits. Patients do not have to wait for too long before achieving their dream smiles.
- The material used is guaranteed to offer durability as well as longevity. But to secure these, proper dental hygiene and care should be practiced. Doing so can ensure that the prosthesis will last for several years.
- Porcelain veneers, unlike the natural teeth, are resistant to staining. Nevertheless, to maintain the overall brightness of the teeth, avoiding substances with intense colors is best.
- It is a less invasive procedure compared to other types of dental restorations being offered. It requires lesser removal of the enamel which is performed to make way for the prosthesis to be placed. By doing so, it preserves more of the natural structure and prevents it from further damage.
- Patients do not need to worry about other people noticing the veneer since it is custom-made to resemble the appearance of the surrounding teeth making them smile confidently and nonstop.
Bring out your best smile with Porcelain Veneers in Florence, KY, book your appointments with Embrace Dental Care! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!
From the ancient times until the modern days, most people aim at improving the appearance of their teeth and smile. One of the best ways discovered is through braces. Braces are an orthodontic treatment that aligns and straighten the teeth by gradually shifting the tooth position to correct misalignment. At Embrace Dental Care, we care about our patients’ oral health and want to help in improving the appearance of their smile through Braces.
Braces have been a common go-to for almost the majority of people to achieve the smile they dream of. Although it has been known to many, there are still some facts that patients and non-patients need to know about the very stylish braces, the first step to a more beautiful, straighter, and almost perfect smile.
Fact 1: The très chic Braces. For all the things about fashion, from chic boutique styles to the latest runway hits, most people look to the French. One of their timeless trends is, guess what, braces! The French physician, Pierre Fauchard, who is known to be the father of modern day dentistry, made the first ever set of braces in 1728. It was made from gold wire and was fastened to the teeth with thread. His discovery that wires could shape the alignment of the teeth became the basis of today’s orthodontics.
Fact 2: The Space Style Braces. After and building upon Dr. Fauchard’s wire and thread braces, the brackets were created by Edward Angle in 1915. Like the first wires before, the first brackets were made with either 14 or 18 karat gold. In 1969, the Nickel-titanium became the future of brackets. The field of orthodontics took a giant leap when NASA developed the new substance. The Nickel-titanium is heat-resistant and was made for space shuttles. It was perfect for making thin, highly flexible wires and when attached to the teeth of patients, the material maintains their shape even after being bent and worn.
Fact 3: Smile like an Egyptian. Aiming for straighter teeth is not only a modern-day problem. The desire for straighter teeth can be traced back all the way to Ancient Egypt. Archeologists discovered mummies with makeshift braces. They believed that the ancient Egyptians attempted to straighten their crooked teeth by wrapping animal intestines around their teeth in a fashion similar to modern brace wires.
Fact 4: Star-studded Smile! Many people think that celebrities were born with a perfect set of teeth but in reality, some are not! Even the rich and famous stars need a helping hand to appear as glamorous and perfect as they may seem to be. Patients who are wearing braces today have a great company with Emma Watson, Gwen Stefani, Tom Cruise, and the ever handsome Prince Harry! All of them benefited from wearing braces. So patients must wear their braces and be proud of it!
Fact 5: Settle the Myths About Braces. It is only natural for people to have queries when they are thinking about having braces. However, they must make sure not to let the myths they hear hinder them from achieving that gorgeous and stunning smile they deserve. Here are some debunked myths about braces that can make patients feel more relieved.
- Wearers can still play sports and can effectively play a musical instrument.
- Braces do not lock while kissing another person with braces.
- The braces are not magnetic nor interfere with radio signals.
- Patients can normally eat after some time when they had the braces but make sure to follow the dentist’s prescription and pieces of advice.
- Braces don’t set off metal detectors.
The road to a straighter, healthier mouth begins with an orthodontist appointment. If you’re looking for Braces in Florence, KY, contact us at Embrace Dental Care and schedule an appointment. We’ll make sure to answer any other questions you might have.