Everyone desires to be comfortable when they are in their house, work, and even in a dental office. Dental procedures can sometimes cause discomfort to patients due to several factors including past dental experience, types of dental equipment, injections, and even the treatments. Experiencing pain and discomfort during dental appointments can lead to dental anxiety and even phobia which can cause dental avoidance. Avoiding necessary dental procedures can lead to a complex issue problem that can put the dental health at risk. Embrace Dental Care provides a comfortable atmosphere as well as Sedation dentistry that can help a patient relax and feel comfortable during dental procedures.
What is Comfort Dentistry?
Comfort dentistry is the way of making a patient feel comfortable and at ease to provide a more pleasant experience. It starts by providing anything such as blankets, headphones, and warm towels, which helps the patient relax. To ensure the best comfort for a patient Sedation Dentistry is performed.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation Dentistry is also referred to as sleep, or conscious dentistry; it is the process of using medications to help the patient relax and comfortable during dental procedures. There are different levels of sedation offered that can be performed depending on the specific need of the patient.
Levels of Sedation:
- Minimal Sedation. Can leave a patient conscious but relaxed.
- Moderate Sedation. The patient is still conscious, but they tend to mumble when talking. They can’t remember much of the procedure.
- Deep Sedation. The patient is on the edge of consciousness but can still be easily awakened.
- General Anesthesia. Patients are completely unconscious during the whole procedure.
Sedation Dentistry Offered by Embrace Dental Care
- Oral Conscious Sedation: It is the type of sedation that can be taken orally making it an ideal option for the patients who are afraid of needles. The medication is provided before starting the procedure to make sure that it will take effect during the process. The dentist considers the current status of your health when providing the type of oral sedative and if any other medications are being taken to avoid complications.
- Nitrous Oxide / Inhalation Sedation: The sedative is administered using a mask that fits over your nose. Nitrogen is mixed with oxygen and inhaled by the patient to make them relax. It is also referred to as Laughing gas due to its euphoric effects. Nitrous oxide sedative is administered during the procedure while the patient is breathing.
Dentistry has developed ways of ensuring painless and comfortable procedures, especially for patients who are anxious about dental treatments. Consult your dentist for options of sedation dentistry for comfortable and convenient dental treatments and healthier dental state.
Looking for a safe and pain-free procedure? Book an appointment with us. Embrace Dental Care have caring and dedicated staff to help you feel pleasant during your dental treatments with the help of Comfort Dentistry in Florence, KY.